Man sues South Charleston hotel over CO leak
CHARLESTON, W.Va. -- A man who claims a carbon monoxide leak left him with health problems is suing a West Virginia hotel and several other companies.
It's the second lawsuit filed in Kanawha County Circuit Court over the Jan. 31 leak at the Holiday Inn Express Hotels Suite in South Charleston. The other case was filed by the widow of a Rhode Island man who was killed by the leak.
The Charleston Daily Mail reported that the latest lawsuit was filed by Bain Edmondson and his wife, Dawn Edmondson.
Investigators say an exhaust pipe became dislodged due to improper installation of a heating unit for the hotel's swimming pool.
A Holiday Inn Express spokeswoman declined to comment on the lawsuits.