Log Out

CPD awaits autopsy report; Bob Snow's family seeks closure

CHARLESTON, W.Va. -- The family of a slain Charleston man is asking anyone who saw him the night of his death to come forward and bring them closure.Police are awaiting news from the state Medical Examiner's Office to say how the man died. It has been a matter of speculation during their investigation.Boaters discovered the body of Robert "Bob" Kenneth Snow floating in the Elk River on May 26.Snow, 55, of 103 Arlington Ave., had worked as a district manager at 7-Eleven for about 15 years, overseeing 10 stores in Kanawha County. He was supposed to attend a meeting the night of May 23, but he never made it.Detectives tracked his cellphone activity from that night to Elkview. He possibly was on his way to Clendenin.Charleston police Sgt. Bobby Eggleton said he hopes the autopsy report and official cause of death might bring detectives closer to finding those responsible for his slaying.On Monday, detectives met with Dr. Zia Sabet, deputy chief medical examiner, to discuss the autopsy's preliminary results. Sabet is leaning toward homicide, but has not officially made that ruling yet.Snow's hands were found bound by duct tape, a clear indicator of foul play. Eggleton will meet with Dr. Allen Mock, another deputy chief medical examiner, in the coming weeks for the official cause of death. So far, detectives have only been able to guess how Snow died."Until Dr. Mock says, 'This is what done it,' it's hearsay," Eggleton said.Detectives have not identified any suspects and are unsure why someone would want to harm Snow.His ex-wife, Annette, said not knowing who did this or why has been hard on her and their two sons -- Michael and Robert Jr.Annette Snow lives in Glendale, Ariz., and last saw Robert in December, when he went to visit his two grandchildren.
"It was the first time he met the grandchildren," Annette Snow said. "They had an awesome visit. He was happy and he loved to spend time with them. He had scheduled to come back this summer for another visit, and we were looking forward to that."The family was devastated by news of his slaying, she said.
"I can't imagine anything or anybody wanting to hurt him," Snow said. "We just don't understand any of it. None of it makes sense."Her sons were moved by the compassion of Prima Marketing, which owns and operates 7-Eleven stores in the state. The company held a memorial service last month attended by many of Snow's co-workers and customers. Company officials also are offering a $10,000 reward for information."His company just loved him," she said. "We come from a big city where murders here are commonplace, [and] you just don't get that kind of exposure. We're absolutely thrilled that they are offering a reward."Annette and Robert Snow met in 1978 while in the U.S. Air Force together in Harrisburg, Pa., and married shortly thereafter. Although they divorced in 1995, the two remained close, she said, and spoke on the phone often.Robert Snow served as a sergeant in the Air Force for 26 years before retiring in 1999. He moved to Charleston in 2000 to be closer to his wife at that time.Annette Snow said not knowing what happened to him has been difficult, but she's thankful for those working to find out.
"Thank God, people in Charleston are doing what they are doing," she said. "The police and his employees have just been awesome."Her family is anxiously awaiting news so they can begin to heal."Little by little, we will get better," she said. "We just need closure."Anyone with information is asked to call the Charleston police Criminal Investigation Division, at 304-348-6480.Reach Travis Crum at or 304-348-5163.
Show All Comments Hide All Comments

User Comments

More News