Bulletin board: Nov. 1, 2012
• The Greenbrier Historical Society has canceled the lecture by Congressman Ken Hechler that had been scheduled for Nov. 1 because of the recent storm. The next lecture in the Fall Lecture Series will be held at 6 p.m. Nov. 8 at the North House, 301 West Washington Street in Lewisburg. Gary Reed will speak about Native American artifacts. A lecture will also be held at 6 p.m. Nov. 15 by Dr. Robert Conte, speaking on noteworthy individuals who have visited the Greenbrier Resort. His lecture will also held at the North House. The lectures are $5 each. For more information, call the Greenbrier Historical Society at 304-645-3398 or email@example.com.
• Charleston Area Alliance and Suddenlink Business is accepting registration for the fourth annual Speed Networking with the Stars Nov. 13 at the Charleston Marriott Town Center. Individual tickets are $50 for Alliance members/$75 future members through Nov. 2. Prices increase to $75 for Alliance members/$100 future members after that date. To register, contact Deb Coffman at 304-340-4253 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
• REACHH-Family Resource Center will present a live performance by Draper Ingles, portrayed by Karen Vuranch at 7 p.m. Nov. 8 at the Ritz Theatre in downtown Hinton. Tickets are $10 general admission and $5 for students of any age. For information and reservations, call 304-466-2226.
• American Red Cross and Pitney Bowes are collaborating on the annual Holiday Mail for Heroes campaign, collecting and distributing cards to members of the Armed Forces, veterans and their families. The public is invited to send messages of thanks and holiday cheer until Dec. 7 to Holiday Mail for Heroes, P.O. Box 5456, Capitol Heights, MD 20791-5456. Individuals are asked to refrain from sending "care packages," monetary donations, or using glitter or any other kinds of inserts with the cards. More information and card requirements are on the Red Cross website at http://redcrosswv.org.
• The Kanawha Valley Chapter of the Daughters of the American Revolution will participate in the Veteran's Day Parade held 10 a.m. Nov. 10 in Charleston. The group is also planning their fourth annual Christmas Party for the residents at the West Virginia Veterans Home in Barboursville from 2 to 4 p.m. Dec. 16.