State officials open areas for disabled hunters

SOUTH CHARLESTON, W.Va. -- Officials are taking applications for disabled hunters who would like to hunt on national forest and wildlife management area roads.Disabled hunters who have a resident or nonresident permit can apply to the West Virginia Division of Natural Resources for permission to hunt in selected areas. Those include designated roads throughout the Monongahela National Forest, portions of the George Washington/Jefferson National Forest in West Virginia and on selected wildlife management areas.
Hunters will receive a letter of authorization, which must be in their possession while hunting in the designated areas. The hunter can be assisted by one person, but that person cannot hunt during that time.In addition to having access to the areas, those in the program can participate in special deer hunts on Dec. 26 and Dec. 27. 
Show All Comments Hide All Comments

User Comments

More News