No one hurt in Fort Hill house fire

By Staff reports

CHARLESTON, W.Va. -- No one was hurt in a fire that broke out in Fort Hill this morning. The blaze broke out in the kitchen of a home at 673 Gordon Drive at about 6:45 a.m. Wesley Smith of the Charleston Fire Department said the fire apparently started in a microwave oven, then spread up the back wall into the attic. He estimated damage to the home at about $20,000. A babysitter was at the house watching several children when the fire broke out, but all were able to get out of the house safely.
See all Comments

User Comments

Related News