Log Out

Man dead in West Side apartment fire

By Staff reports
CHARLESTON, W.Va. -- A man is dead after fire broke out in his West Side apartment early Sunday.Wesley Smith, an investigator with the Charleston Fire Department, said fire broke out in an apartment in Agsten Manor, 715 Randolph St., at about 4:40 a.m. Sunday.Officials are still waiting on autopsy results and confirmation of the victim's identity, but believe him to be the 76-year-old resident of the apartment. Fire officials had not released the man's name as of Monday afternoon.
Smith said the fire may have started with a lit cigarette. He said the fire had burned itself out by the time firefighters arrived, and was confined to the living room of the man's apartment."It wasn't a really big fire," Smith said. "It burned really fast and got really hot really quick and burned itself out." 
Show All Comments Hide All Comments

User Comments

More News