Oak Hill junkyard burns
CHARLESTON, W.Va. -- Residents were evacuated after a junkyard in Oak Hill became fully engulfed in flames Friday night.
The fire started at about 8 p.m. at a vehicle-recycling center in Lochgelly, according to Fayette County 911 dispatchers. Because the facility had numerous propane and oxygen tanks on site, officials asked nearby residents to leave.
At least nine fire departments responded, dispatchers said. One man who lives nearby tried to help put out the fire and received minor burns.
At 10 p.m., the blaze was under control, according to dispatchers.