CHARLESTON, W.Va. -- Express your opinion on any subject you wish. Not all comments are published. Call 304-357-4451 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
.• School officials and teachers are the ones that need to be randomly drug tested. Does anyone have any sense anymore? Let's protect our children, not provoke them.• I get it now. The billionaire Republican Koch brothers have put $200 million into this government shutdown. Looks like the Republicans are being told how to move by these billionaires at the cost of middle-class jobs.• Why doesn't your TV Guide list Channel 79 and what's on that channel? My favorite show is Lt. Joe Kenda, Homicide Hunter, and I look for it every day. It's the only channel that I know of that you won't list.
• The picture of Kim Aaron in the bathtub with her dog is really, really sweet. . . . The person that called in and said it was ridiculous is evidently not an animal lover. Kim is a very nice person and she's an animal lover, evidently. So get off of Kim.• When somebody calls in there and berates Fox News, that just makes me believe Fox that much more.• The Obamacare website shut down because people could not even get past logging into it, not because they had signed up. They were just checking on it. They will not say how many people have actually signed up. I think they are a little embarrassed by the small figure.• Could Speaker Boehner start contributing something good for his country? If so, when?• Thank you for Obamacare. Thank you, thank you, thank you. It's one of the best things that has happened to our country in a long, long time. Thank you, Lord.• Who cares about the shutdown of the government? Head start was supposed to help little Johnny and little Mary, but they still can't read beyond the third grade. So, the heck with it.
• When is Winfield Elementary School going to get a stoplight so they can get in and out? There's too much traffic in Winfield and they need a stoplight.• Note to Eyewitness News: Your electronic billboard says you are the number-one station in Kanawha County. But you need you to learn how to spell "counties." It's not "y," apostrophe "s." It's c-o-u-n-t-i-e-s. Please learn to spell.• The same Democrats complaining about the GOP not working with Obama had no problem when their party worked against Bush. The difference is that Bush worked with the Democrats. Obama hides from the GOP.• I predict the headlines will soon read, "Tea party stalls ACA website with virus."• To the person who said the majority of the people don't want Obamacare. Wrong again. The majority does want Obamacare. That's why he was re-elected. Get over it, sore losers.
• I agree that you should stop printing the Readers' Voice section. Use that space for some real news. The only thing that Readers' Voice achieves is that it shows the whole country how backwoods and out of touch West Virginians are. And yes, it is an embarrassment.
• The person who said we didn't listen when he told us eight years ago that Obama wouldn't be a good president, apparently didn't listen when we told him in 2000 that a cocaine-using, drunk, military deserter wouldn't be a good president.• According to the West Virginia inspection laws, fog lights are illegal unless you have one clear and one amber light. So all of these new cars have been given inspection stickers illegally.• I'm beginning to wonder if John Boehner, the speaker of the House, is president, or Obama. Can someone tell me the answer to that?• There are three traitors in this country: Mitch McConnell, Reid and Boehner. If we don't get rid of them, this country's going down the tubes.• If Dana Holgorsen continues to coach, WVU will stand for "winning very unlikely." Go Mountaineers.
• Have you ever found the Kanawha-Charleston Animal Shelter in the phone book? I would like to mail a donation. I hand away all books that do not have their number.• I would like to know why the Division of Natural Resources is allowing ATVs and four-wheelers to destroy the Morris Creek Wildlife Management Area. Maybe they should do their job and get up there and protect it.• Hey, Walmart! Want to build a new store in Northern Kanawha County? Please consider the Clendenin/Elkview area. We'd love to have a Walmart store up this way!• Will the GOP ever realize that the American people are not interested in what they are selling?• In the 1850s, members of The Know Noting Party joined the Republican Party. Here it is, 150 years later, and they still know nothing.• Why is it that the president said he would only sign a clean bill when they originated in the House but gladly signed one full of pork when it came from the Senate?• Obama says there were no winners in the shutdown. I would think the government workers who got nearly three weeks paid vacation somehow disagree.• It's long past time for a hardcore group of people to quit pledging ideological purity to the likes of Limbaugh, Hannity and Norquist. It's little more than modern McCarthyism. Compromise is the essence of democracy. I am well aware the liberals have some ideologues also, but they are not the problem now.• Here's one of Holgorsen's new excuses for not being successful: We've got a quarterback trying to throw a post route to five different guys he's never thrown to before. Big deal. If he's a good quarterback and they're good athletes, they'll be where they're supposed to be.• Just a word of warning to any new businesses moving onto or near D Street in South Charleston: Good luck finding parking, due to one business and its lazy employees' being inconsiderate of other businesses and their clients.• Obamacare is free for those living in poverty. So, if you don't make enough to feed your family, Obamacare will not shorten your grocery list.