FAIRMONT, W.Va. – Police in Marion County have charged the parents of a 2-year-old girl who died after apparently ingesting a painkiller.
Brittany Sheree Edgell, 24, and Andrew Steven Hall, 23, of Monongah, were arraigned in Marion County Magistrate Court on one charge each of child neglect causing death.
Both requested a court-appointed attorney and were being held Tuesday in the North Central Regional Jail on $5 million bail each.
A criminal complaint filed by the Marion County Sheriff’s Department states that the couple found several painkiller tablets on the floor after the child awoke. Neither attempted to seek medical help for the girl, but instead gave her a bath and made her vomit before she was placed in bed, the complaint states. She went into cardiac arrest and died April 12.