Huntington fire ruled accidental
HUNTINGTON, W.Va. – Huntington’s mayor says a weekend fire in a building has been ruled accidental.
The large fire engulfed the Morris Building on Sunday. The seven-story building houses several offices, residential dwellings and two ground-flood restaurants.
Mayor Steve Williams tells WOWK-TV the fire started in an elevator shaft near the top floor and spread to other floors.
All occupants of the building left safely and no serious injuries were reported.
What sparked the fire remains under investigation.