Small fire breaks out at Dollar General

By Staff reports

The St. Albans Fire Department responded to a fire at the Dollar General on Pennsylvania Avenue Sunday afternoon.

A Kanawha County dispatcher said the fire started around 4 p.m. after charcoal and lighter fluid caught fire outside of the store.

The fire extended to the store building, but it caused only minor damage, the dispatcher said.

The dispatcher believed the charcoal and lighter fluid were on display outside of the store.

No injuries were reported in the fire, he said.

One lane of Pennsylvania Avenue was closed for a few hours while crews cleared the scene.

Show All Comments Hide All Comments

User Comments

More News