The Contemporary American Theater Festival will return to Shepherd University, in Shepherdstown, for its 2020 season July 10-Aug. 2. Each year, the CATF brings in new works from well-known playwrights, directors and rising stars in the theater world. This year’s festival includes six productions presented over the month. Among them are: “Whitelisted” by Chisa Hutchinson; “The Fifth Domain” by Victor Lesniewski; “Babel” by Jaqueline Goldfinger; “Ushuaia Blue” by Caridad Svich; “The House of the Negro Insane” by Terence Anthony; and “Sheepdog” by Kevin Artique. Tickets range from $22 to $67 and go on sale April 13. For more details, including schedule, location and subscription prices for multiple shows, visit catf.org.
- Widespread flushing of toilet paper 'alternatives' raises fears of a sewer-nami
- Hard times for hardwoods
- Justice: West Virginia not part of Trump proposal to reopen parts of the U.S.
- Number of state personnel regulations suspended during coronavirus emergency
- Nick Scala: With baseball on hold, we pick the all-time West Virginia MLB team
- National Guard soldiers step up for coronavirus response
- WV attorney general warns landlords against unlawful evictions
- Susan Bissett: Taking care of those in recovery during pandemic (Opinion)
- Slashing of video requirements for Medicare telehealth included in COVID-19 stimulus package
- Gazette-Mail editorial: Bill would scare off victims of police misconduct
Adkins, Eugene - 1 p.m., New Bethel Baptist Church, Spurlockville.
Bee, Charles - 11 a.m., First Baptist Church, Parkersburg.
Blaylock Sr., Robert - 11 a.m., Handley Funeral Home, Danville.
Dingess, Cheyenne - 11 a.m., Highland Memory Gardens, Godby.
Lee, William - 1 p.m., Liberty Missionary Baptist Church.
Russell, Wilma - 2 p.m., Fields Cemetery, Nettie.
Skeen, Thomas - 1 p.m., Casto Funeral Home, Evans.
Smith, David - 11 a.m., procession to leave Koontz Funeral Home, Hamlin.
Tolley, Mary - 11 a.m., Gandee Chapel / Ward Cemetery.
Young, Kathryn - Service cancelled.