Ladies, leave your troubles -- and your guys (which, admittedly, may not be mutually exclusive) -- behind next month for an evening of good times, good company and a good cause.
North Charleston artist Sandra Wright will lead a “Mastering the Art of Oils” painting class for eight students, beginning later this month and continuing weekly through the end of August.
Presidents often say things that make some people upset. President George Bush got broccoli growers steamed when he said he didn’t like broccoli as a kid, because his mother forced him to eat it. He declared, as President of the United States, he wasn’t going to eat it anymore.
There was an old sour cherry tree in my yard when I moved here. There were so many cherries that I invested in a cherry stoner. I froze cherries. I made pies and jam. One day, the old cherry tree blew over. For years, I have been without fresh sour cherries.
Ronald McDonald House Charities of Southern West Virginia representatives welcomed guests to CAMC Women and Children’s Hospital on Charleston’s West Side on June 26, to show off a sharp, new “set of wheels.”
For several years now, the Charleston Police Department has given civilians an up-close avenue to, somewhat figuratively speaking, walk a beat and in their shoes.
On Saturday, June 22, and Sunday, June 23, area amateur radio operators — a/k/a hams by many — from the Kanawha Amateur Radio Club will broadcast for 24 hours straight, going onto the airwaves at 2 p.m. Saturday, from Coonskin Park in Charleston.
- Shipping facility poised for flow of international goods to WV port
- Commerce and RISE WV staff spent $21K at Stonewall retreat
- Temple Israel's new rabbi reflects on political climate, move to Charleston
- WVU football recruiting: Mountaineers land three-star DB from Georgia
- Jay Goldman: Charleston residents don't have to disrupt their lives for a lawless minority (Gazette)
- Statehouse Beat: The pretty flowers and the Greenbrierization of the Capitol
- PolitiFact: WV Democratic Party's tweet about Morrisey 'half true'
- On file: July 15, 2018
- Hoppy Kercheval: WVU and Higher Ed Commission clash (Daily Mail Opinion)
- George Will: Is Trump correct that Mueller's appointment was unconstitutional?