If ever someone needed a visual aid to describe the word "whimsical," it could be found in abundance recently at the Cross Lanes Branch Library.
It's a daunting task, but teams of dedicated volunteers at Dunbar First Baptist Church are sorting and tagging hundreds of clothing items and some household goods for the church's semiannual Clothes Closet.
I’ve been watching “Victoria” on West Virginia Public Broadcasting, a docudrama about Queen Victoria, the English monarch from June 1837 until her death in January of 1901. The writers have used the story to expose viewers to lesser-known British history.
If you’re looking for a new outer look (and outlook) or a touch-up on your current hairstyle, the staff at Divine Beauty has a chair — and the experience — ready for your fulfillment.
I have used my space on this website on numerous occasions this season to spout off about the importance of using the various webcams located at the resorts in the Southeast as a way to make sure you know what you are getting into, after making a decision to go and play in the snow.
March has arrived and, before long, we’ll start being inundated with ads for weight loss and getting in shape for summer. (In truth, it’s already begun.)
Elk River Boxing Club owner Rob Fletcher and his staff introduced current and potential members and guests to the club’s new location in Elkview on Thursday.
Kids and adults wearing red-and-white-striped hats were a big tip-off that something special was up recently at the South Charleston Public Library.
As St. Albans works to become a Dementia Friendly Community, the Hansford Senior Center is reminding area residents that it has a respite-care facility on site.
This summer, Cross Lanes United Methodist Church will be a welcoming home away from home for an army of volunteers.
- Burglar smashes through ceiling of Husson's Pizza in St. Albans
- WV judge grants restraining order against striking Frontier employees
- NCAA tournament: Bob Huggins, WVU players address Marshall game
- NCAA tournament: WVU thumps Murray State, to face Marshall in 2nd round
- For two West Virginia men, Irish roots run deep
- Marshall shocks Shockers for first NCAA win in program history
- NCAA notebook: Marshall's D'Antoni not ready to think about WVU yet
- Frontier seeks injunction against striking WV workers
- Rafe Godfrey: Disdain for striking teachers looks like a larger gripe (Gazette)
- Boys basketball state tournament: George Washington downs Musselman 49-42, moves on to AAA title game