Registration will take place Wednesday, Sept. 26, for a new series of ballet and stringed-instruments classes for youths in Clendenin.
Military veterans from the VFW DAV Lew Welch Post 8363 of Chesapeake and surrounding areas welcomed one of their own at a special event on Sept. 24 at the Lisa Curry Annex beside Chesapeake Town Hall.
Regardless of the outcome of the Oct. 13 football game between the West Virginia University Mountaineers and the Iowa State University Cyclones, the ultimate winners of the game, locally, will be the YWCA Sojourner’s Shelter for Homeless Women and Families.
”Contemplation is the highest expression of man’s intellectual and spiritual life. It is that life itself, fully awake, fully active, fully aware that it is alive. It is spiritual wonder. It is spontaneous awe at the sacredness of life, of being...”
The 2018 Thad Snodgrass Memorial Scholarship Fund has awarded scholarships of $3,750 each to eight members of the 2018 Riverside High School graduating class.
With 2018 being the 50th anniversary of the release of “Music From Big Pink,” the debut album of The Band, a Mink Shoals filmmaker has released her own artistic creation this year, a film honoring the album and its music, entitled “Finding Big Pink.”
Malden attorney and House of Delegates member Larry L. Rowe will be among the speakers at the 2018 Mining Your History annual conference in Charleston this month.
Our middle child has been busy lately. Last May she graduated college. In the fall, she backpacked through Europe — sightseeing by day, couch-surfing by night. At the beginning of this year, she and a college friend flew to Peru to teach English for a few months at a small school in the moun…
Cross Lanes competitive dancer Nina Surbaugh will be leading another six-week series of ballroom dance classes, starting Sunday, Sept. 16, back to back (and toe to toe) in Cross Lanes and Charleston.
“Keys for Kids,” a piano concert to support the Appalachian Children’s Chorus, will get underway at 7 p.m. Saturday, Sept. 15, at Bream Memorial Presbyterian Church on Charleston’s West Side.
- Document: St. Albans officer allegedly provided minors alcohol, had sex on duty
- Free medical, dental, vision clinic returning to WV in October
- Riverside's Gabbie Mullins crowned Miss Kanawha Majorette
- Huntington Bank moving WV regional headquarters to Laidley Tower
- Woman charged with murder in fatal Sissonville stabbing
- Steve Canterbury: Amendment 1 is wrong; it makes no exception to save a mother's life (Gazette Opinion)
- Buckskin Council's Dilley's Mill Scout camp up for sale
- WVU football: Mountaineers expect Texas Tech offense to turn up the tempo
- WVU football: Friendship on hold for Holgorsen, Texas Tech's Kingsbury ahead of clash
- Winfield, Charleston Catholic play to 2-2 tie in showdown between girls soccer title contenders