Dunham's Sports opened on Friday, July 24, at Liberty Square Shopping Center at Hurricane/Teays Valley.
The store celebrated by giving away six-packs of Coke and Diet Coke to anyone making a purchase of $10 or more (while supplies lasted). Among the grand-opening bargains was a sale on kayaks, with a large supply in stock.
Dunham's Sports has more than 230 stores nationwide. The chain specializes in sporting goods and athletic equipment, as well as active and casual sports apparel and footwear. "We are excited to be opening in the Hurricane community," said Jeff Lynn, Dunham's chairman and CEO.
The store -- located at the former Elder-Beerman location -- is the sixth Dunham's Sports to open in West Virginia. Hours are Monday through Friday, 10 a.m. to 8:30 p.m., Saturday 9 a.m. to 8:30 p.m., and Sunday 11 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Business notes: Christopher & Banks latest retailer leaving Town Center mall
- Pence says the right stuff in remarks at Chuck Yeager memorial service
- Jefferson school board defying WV's classroom reopening order; many other counties bow
- Justice: 'I don't really know' how many vaccines WV will receive next week
- Chuck Landon: Marshall should hire Charles Huff as new football coach
- Marshall football: Huff, Lambert finalists for Herd job
- Gazette-Mail editorial: Cutting corporate donations is a start
- Prep sports: SSAC sets revised dates for winter, spring sports events
- Marshall football: Herd's coaching search could move quickly
- 'Mountain Monsters' continues on without Trapper