Bands ranging from rhythm and blues to country and rock will headline this year’s 16th annual Live on the Levee.
Charleston Councilwoman Mary Beth Hoover announced the official lineup for the free concert series at Monday’s press conference. The schedule includes almost 30 acts over the course of three months.
The event will also have several local food vendors including Chic-fil-A, Baskin Robbins, Bridge Mart & Deli, Bridge Road Bistro, Kona Ice and Ridgeview BBQ to name a few.
“Live on the Levee brings family and friends together for live music, food and fun during the summer,” Mayor Amy Shuler Goodwin said. “The City of Charleston is excited to showcase great local and regional talent, local food and retail vendors.”
Live on the Levee also helps to raise money for five different local charities through a 50/50 raffle. The winner will receive half of what was collected, and the rest will be equally split among all charities. Charities include Covenant House of West Virginia, Manna Meal, Religious Coalition for Community Renewal, Roark-Sullivan Lifeway Center, and YWCA of Charleston.
Some sponsors of Live on the Levee include Moses Auto Group, Brewer & Company of WV, Inc., Aetna, Amherst Madison, Capital Beverage Company, Charleston Convention & Visitors Bureau, Fastsigns, and FestivALL.
“We can’t imagine summer Friday evenings in Charleston without Live on the Levee at this point,” said Steve Moses, title sponsor of Live on the Levee and president of Moses Auto Group. “From our family to yours, let’s make 2019 one to remember.”
Live on the Levee will begin Friday, May 24 and continue for 15 weeks at Haddad Riverfront Park from 6:30 to 9:30 p.m.
The lineup includes:
- May 24 — Santa Cruz, The Unit
- May 31 — The Cleverlys
- June 7 — Stratus, RiverJam
- June 14 — The M.F.B., Joint Chiefs
- June 21 — Here Come the Mummies, Tom Batchelor
- June 28 — The Verve Pipe, Karen Allen Band
- July 5 — A Tribute to Tom Petty presented by John Inghram, featuring William Matheny, Aaron Fisher and Ghost Fleet and more
- July 12 — Bodega, Static Fur
- July 19 — Creek Don’t Rise, Sean Whiting
- July 26 — Toothless Ruth, Luna Park
- Aug.2 — Hybrid Soul Project, Krista Hughes Band
- Aug. 9 — 7 Bridges: The Ultimate Eagles Experience, Of the Dell
- Aug. 16 — Dillon Carmichael, Charles Wesley Godwin
- Aug. 23 — Hot Jazz Jumpers, Blue Yonder
- Aug. 30 — Fletcher’s Grove, Bad Keys of the Mountain
For more information, visit liveontheleveecharleston.com.