The Veterans Day Parade, now in its 80th year, stepped off Thursday in downtown Charleston.
The parade, hosted by the city of Charleston and American Legion John Brawley Post 20, maneuvered its way through the city to the Court Street Overlook, where U.S. Marshal Michael Baylous was the guest speaker.
Baylous served in the Marine Corps Reserve before his career with the West Virginia State Police and now the U.S. Marshals Service.
- County EMTs, paramedics are 'worn-out and short-handed'
- Boys basketball: Capital rolls past Spring Valley 73-41
- Putnam County Peterbilt dealership thriving in face of supply chain blues
- Kanawha sets record for daily COVID cases as hospitalizations across WV rise
- Sales tax cut could spend revenue WV doesn't have
- Dear Abby: Boyfriend's 'chatty' habit makes girlfriend jealous
- Communities could lose emergency ambulance service
- Amy Jo Hutchison: Manchin forgot about 'child' in tax credit (Opinion)
- Justice to wait on outcome of anti-school mask mandate bill
- Demolition begins at historic hotel in Harpers Ferry