If you are 21 or older, you are cordially invited “bling” in the new year with style and pizzazz at the inaugural Black and White Ball Tuesday, Dec. 31, and Wednesday, Jan. 1, at Valley Park in Hurricane.
This season, Buffalo girls basketball player Joni Smith finds herself in position to score after filling the team’s point guard spot last year.
West Teays Elementary School ESL teacher Rachelle Williams took a few spins on the oversized wheel, bought a few vowels, deduced some puzzle solutions and won runner-up honors on the long-running television game show “Wheel of Fortune” recently.
Putnam Shoes For Children Founder Debbie Pye has announced the 2018-2019 school year will be the first year that the nonprofit, Putnam County-based organization will purchase winter shoes for area children in need.
The anticipation of a new season never gets old, even though I have now been through over 30 years of them. When I learned to ski in 1985, to tell you the truth, I didn’t have any idea what I was getting myself into. As I look back, other than spending time with my family, it is where I have…
A Christmas concert, “Repeat the Sounding Joy!,” will begin at 3 p.m. Sunday, Dec. 2, at Forrest Burdette Memorial United Methodist Church in Hurricane.
Word of Light Community Church will be conducting a live Nativity at Valley Park in Hurricane on Friday, Nov. 30, and Saturday, Dec. 1.
November is National Diabetes Month, and, as such, it’s a timely reminder to remember the early symptoms of diabetes that could affect you or a family member.
Kyler Meeks paces Poca with his leadership and stellar defensive play in hopes to return the Dots boys basketball team back to postseason play this season.
The period between Thanksgiving and Christmas is a joyous time — an opportunity for families to get together and to show friends and family you love them. None of that should be taken for granted.
This weekend, the Unitarian Universalist Congregation on Charleston's West Side will host 28 West Virginia fine artists at the 16th River Arts Show and Sale, at 520 Kanawha Blvd., West, Charleston.
- 11 Charleston officials, police chief to leave office with Mayor Jones
- Harrison County assistant principal accused of harassing transgender student
- Sobriety checkpoint
- WVU basketball: Mountaineer guards struggling to start season
- WV's Mount Storm Lake becoming a hotspot for striper fishing
- Randolph County kids' letters to Santa delivered 106 years after written
- WVU recruiting: Mountaineers expect numerous signings on Wednesday
- Settlement term sheet filed in gas royalty lawsuit
- County-by-County Gift Guide: 55 Ways to share your love for WV
- Pumped storage hydro project eyed for Tucker County