Several area high school band students are adding their musical talents to the Charleston Chamber Orchestra, and they're bound for the Big Apple later this year to perform at a world-class venue at 881 Seventh Ave. in Manhattan.
Putnam Countians ages 18 years or older can make some money — and memories — this summer, by becoming AmeriCorps members for the West Virginia University Extension Service Energy Express program.
The West Virginia Council of Churches will host a community event next week in Hurricane that will include free Naloxone training, a screening of the Academy Award-nominated documentary “Heroin(e)” and a panel discussion addressing substance use disorder.
Despite a difficult winter where a lot of things were up in the air, and other things seemed to be falling out of the sky, they are beginning to pop up around town. They are an indication of things to come.
Buffalo Elementary School music teacher Levi Billiter struck up the band for his students on Friday, April 13, and youngsters listened to -- and learned from -- the University of Rio Grande Chorale.
Indian cinema is the vibrant, lively springboard for the eighth annual Bollywood Night West Virginia fundraiser, to benefit Manna Meal and WV Health Right.
Members of the Regional Intergovernmental Council and other agencies conducted an open house on Thursday, April 5, at the Putnam County Library in Hurricane to present plans to improve and augment bicycle and pedestrian facilities throughout the county.
When most people hear the word “poison,” or hear about the West Virginia Poison Center, they think of a child getting into household cleaning supplies kept under the sink. People who do not have children in their home often wonder why they should have the West Virginia Poison Center’s number…
- Wild horses present challenges in Southern WV coalfields
- Statehouse Beat: Audit of Supreme Court justices raises eyebrows, questions
- Examining WVU's best -- and other -- all-time NFL drafts
- WVSU baseball player Justin Graham dies of leukemia
- On file: April 22, 2018
- Elder-Beerman locations in WV closing as part of Bon-Ton's liquidation
- Democrat candidates in WV House's 39th District hoping to 'flip' GOP stronghold
- Name released in Charleston fatal wreck
- Frank Giardina: Hal Greer, Jerry West and a huge NBA night in state history
- Chef teaches not-so-secret sauces that put store-bought brands to shame