On the heels of a one-year absence from the sport, Divija Kottapalli finished her high school tennis career a champion.
One of our cats got sick recently. Aside from the stress that comes with a well-loved family pet being in pain and unable to do anything about it, and not to mention the stress of the vet bills that inevitably arise, I ran into the perfect storm of headaches: road construction.
National Trails Day is Saturday, June 1, and several West Virginia state parks and state forests have scheduled guided hikes for that day, plus other activities for the weekend.
Pancakes are probably one of the earliest foods eaten in prehistoric societies. Flours were made of cattails and other plants, which were mixed with water and baked. Ancient Greeks and Romans made pancakes with wheat flour, olive oil, honey and curdled milk.
Hurricane freshman Lexi Smolder displayed composure of a veteran in capturing the Class AAA No. 1 singles tennis state championship May 11.
On Sunday, May 5, the congregation didn’t show up for weekly morning services at River Ridge Church Teays Valley at 1 Saturn Way in Hurricane.
Now that spring’s in full bloom and summer is coming, Putnam Countians are spending more time outdoors, as well they should. But the West Virginia University Extension Service shared some reminders with Putnam Review recently for readers to take precautions against ticks. Here are some of th…
With all the claims of “fake news” and deliberately inaccurate information being thrown around on social media, I see another problem that frustrates me – some people can’t tell (or don’t know) the difference between news and opinion in “mainstream” media sources.
The hills will be alive with the sound of music this weekend, as the Appalachian Children’s Chorus invites runners and walkers to participate in the inaugural Miles of Melodies 5K Run/Walk this weekend in Charleston.
- Social Security announces benefit increase for 2021
- For WVs gubernatorial candidates, broadband, fighting stereotypes are key in for developing a better WV
- Kanawha deputies to assist Glasgow during search for police officers
- Charleston native Sierra Ferrell returns home for Mountain Stage
- Massive broadband auction opens Thursday; WV awaiting bid results
- Prep football: George Washington gets 4th game, but it's not Capital
- First plane lands at Yeager for Marshall University flight school
- The high-speed Virgin Hyperloop path to West Virginia -- and the future
- Boys soccer: Catholic boys win Class AA-A Region 3 championship
- Prep football: Standings, statistics -- Oct. 30