Clay-Battelle was awarded the top seed in Division 1 for the boys West Virginia Hometown Invitational Tournament that begins Friday around the state.
Lauren Hudson poured in 21 points to lead four double-digit scorers for Winfield as the Class AA No. 2 Generals earned a 74-64 win over No. 6 Lincoln on Monday afternoon at East Fairmont.
Cabell Midland and Shady Spring rose to the top of the Class AAA and Class AA rankings respectively as the latest AP boys basketball poll was released on Monday.
For a second straight week, not much changed in the AP girls basketball polls as Wheeling Park, North Marion and St. Joseph remained atop the Class AAA, Class AA and Class A rankings respectively.
ROME TOWNSHIP, Ohio — With star point guard Kiki Terrell out with a knee injury, South Charleston coach Gary Greene said his chore is to prevent his team from trying to overcompensate.
For the better part of four years, Chapmanville Regional has worn its traveling shoes. And it’s certainly taken the Tigers a long, long way.
Basketball junkies will be flocking to West Virginia State University’s Walker Convocation Center next month.
Talayah Boxley had a game-high 22 points as Capital’s girls basketball team notched a 70-33 road win over Sissonville Saturday.
ONA — Cabell Midland remained undefeated and established sectional supremacy with 78-56 win over visiting Hurricane on Friday in a Mountain State Athletic Conference boys basketball game.
POCA — For four years, everyone in the Cardinal Conference has known that Chapmanville’s Obinna Anochili-Killen can beat you with his defense.
As we get set to enter the third full week in January, most teams either have reached or are coming up on the halfway mark of the girls basketball season.
Winfield’s Hunter Morris tallied 26 points and was 8 for 8 from the foul line in the fourth quarter to help the Generals earn a 68-58 road victory at Nitro in boys basketball Friday.
As a standout track athlete at Ripley High School, Tori Starcher has stamped her name at the top of three individual events while serving as a vital cog for a relay team that has enjoyed crossing the finish line first.
Scott did a lot of things well in Thursday’s game at Charleston Catholic. Taking care of the ball wasn’t one of them.
Dubbed “The Kindergarten Cops” by coach Jamie LaMaster after entering the week at 5-3 and without a signature victory, George Washington’s girls basketball team will enter next week looking more like The Terminator.
KK Potter and Jayda Potter each tossed in 13 points Thursday as Cabell Midland picked up a 59-39 girls basketball win over host Hurricane to remain undefeated.
ONA — It’s tough enough for Cabell Midland opponents having to defend All-State-caliber players like guard Chandler Schmidt and forward K.K Siebert. Then you throw someone like Palmer Riggio into the mix.
Rodney Toler scored 24 points and Jaimelle Claytor 21 Wednesday evening to lead visiting St. Albans to an 80-66 boys basketball win at Hurricane.
Growing up in Putnam County, Aaron Withrow dabbled in the traditional sports for a young man — baseball, basketball and football.
- Road closures to force trout-stocking cutbacks on Williams, Cranberry rivers
- Kanawha grand jury indicts 63
- Official: Corrective legislation pending to avoid $58 million of federal highways funding cuts
- WVU basketball notebook: Bar set high when it comes to impressing Huggins, even for Oscar Tshiebwe
- Former federal employee sentenced for accessing medical records of individuals including congressional hopeful Richard Ojeda
- The Food Guy: South Charleston rolls out its own restaurant week
- Charleston Restaurant Week attracts six new options for diners
- Girls basketball: Late mistakes sink South Charleston in loss to Parkersburg
- Chuck Landon: Marshall's loss to Hilltoppers was inexcusable
- Lottery: Sports wagering to relaunch shortly at Mardi Gras, Wheeling Island casinos