South Charleston coach Josh Daniel has seen his team improve by leaps and bounds from the beginning of the season until now. On Tuesday, the Black Eagles kept that trend going — during the course of the game, no less.
HURRICANE -- LaRon Dues put Hurricane's boys basketball team on his back in the fourth quarter of Tuesday's matchup against Cabell Midland.
The Elk Valley Christian girls basketball team downed Herbert Hoover 51-46 on Monday at Elk Valley Christian School in Elkview.
Nasjaih Jones exploded for 25 points as South Charleston took down visiting Parkersburg 63-47 to earn its fifth straight win on Friday.
Capital has been waiting all season for that springboard win to start a wave of momentum. Well, the Cougars will have to wait a bit longer, thanks to Clay Robertson and a resilient bunch from Spring Valley.
Chance Hartwell had ice in his veins for St. Albans in Friday’s boys basketball matchup against rival Nitro at St. Albans High.
PARKERSBURG — Parkersburg South, which outscored St. Albans in every quarter Thursday night in Rod Oldham Athletic Center, had a key 10-0 spurt in the second period en route to handing the Red Dragons a 59-47 setback.
PARKERSBURG — The same shots which fell on Wednesday night for the Parkersburg Big Reds girls didn’t find the mark with the same accuracy 24 hours later.
Eli Robertson poured in 28 points to break the 1,000-point barrier for his career and power Herbert Hoover to a 68-57 home win over Midland Trail on Thursday.
Sissonville’s Kynadee Britton almost had a double-double with 25 points and nine rebounds in a 71-57 road win over St. Joseph Central in girls prep basketball Wednesday.
WAYNE — The Adkins sisters scored or assisted on 27 of Wayne’s initial 29 points Tuesday night, helping the Pioneers keep their perfect record intact with a 54-31 win over visiting Winfield.
POCA — Poca’s Jordan Wolfe had a double-double of 10 points and 10 rebounds and the Dots defense stymied Sissonville all night for a 42-19 home win Tuesday in prep boys basketball.
HURRICANE — Maddy Young led a balanced attack with 13 points to help lead Hurricane to a 45-41 home victory over Bridgeport in girls prep basketball Monday.
- Building demolition will limit Regal apartment fire investigation, official says
- DOT secretary questioned about late contractor payments, laments Corridor H delays before WV Senate panel
- Gazette-Mail editorial: Calamity averted in apartment fire
- Dear Abby: Grandma's Facebook posts strike a nerve after loss
- WV Legislature prioritizing industry over state's short-staffed gas and oil well inspection unit so far this session
- WVU basketball: Young Mountaineers stepped up in win at Texas Tech
- WV House bill proposes $10K pay raise for corrections officers
- Bill would empower WV school systems to combat food insecurity, mandate local data collection
- Girls basketball: Mingo Central overpowers Charleston Catholic 46-38
- WVU football: Brown expecting son of former coach ‘to add to our room’