If and when Hurricane takes the football field this fall, its offense will undoubtedly look vastly different than it did a year ago.
A season ago, Sissonville was fairly reliant on an experienced defense as it held opponents to one touchdown in three of its first four contests, all of which were wins.
George Washington girls basketball coach Jamie LaMaster didn’t need three weeks of practices to know what he was looking at in terms of the newcomers to his program.
The coronavirus pandemic has shut down a lot of AAU basketball events this summer, meaning a player like Poca’s Isaac McKneely hasn’t been crisscrossing the region attending tournaments, camps, showcases and the like.
South Charleston’s Zeiqui Lawton and Spring Valley’s Wyatt Milum were recently named to Sports Illustrated’s watch list for its All-American prep football team for 2020.
When his running back injuries started piling up last season, Cabell Midland coach Luke Salmons never could have imagined it would eventually turn into a windfall.
Michael Hughes, a versatile placekicker and punter at George Washington, announced on Twitter Saturday that he has received a scholarship offer from the Marshall football program.
It’s been a week since the West Virginia Secondary School Activities Commission, under the backdrop of COVID-19 concerns, was forced to cancel all prep football games Aug. 27-29, which was to be the opening weekend of the season, and some Kanawha Valley teams were able to quickly fill the re…
The open and the close of the prep softball season came on the same day this past Thursday, as the North-South Softball Classic was held on a blisteringly hot day at Buffalo City Field.
West Virginia State women’s tennis player Kierstin Hensley was selected as a nominee for the prestigious NCAA Woman of the Year award on Tuesday afternoon.
Life as a high school athlete hasn’t been easy the past few months due to the uncertainty of the coronavirus pandemic, and now the attention shifts to prep football.
Normally, when you’ve been at something for 25 years, lots can go wrong. You can get burnt out, people you work with lose interest, personalities clash or the style grows stale.
Baseball is in full swing at Shawnee Park this weekend as Prep Baseball Report West Virginia held its Panhandle Series at the park.
BUFFALO — The coronavirus robbed Brianna McCown of arguably her best chance in four years to finally break through and win a state championship.
For players competing in Thursday’s North-South Softball Classic at Buffalo, it will be a swan song in terms of wearing their respective school colors.
- D.C. priest tests positive for coronavirus as health officials struggle to stop its spread
- New head of WV deaf, blind schools hasn't directly worked with deaf or blind students, doesn't know sign language
- USPS official tells Manchin WV Post Offices aren't closing - yet
- WV Junior College leaving longtime Charleston location for Cross Lanes
- Frank Giardina: Coalfield names worth remembering
- Exhibit explores slavery's presence in Greenbrier County's past
- Marshall football: All eyes on Grant Wells and the quarterback vacancy
- Remembering the other epidemic and praying for hope
- Susan Shumaker: A compromise for West Virginia schools
- Ohio River bowfishermen kill potential world-record bighead carp