It never hurts to have some proven winners on your team, and that’s exactly what the North has for Saturday’s WCHS-TV/Fox 11 North-South All-Star Football Classic at South Charleston High School.
Caleb May and Ethan Bowens are in their element as members of the South squad for Saturday’s WCHS-TV/Fox 11 North-South All-Star Football Classic.
Frank Early, a two-sport athlete and a recent graduate of Herbert Hoover, died in a single-car accident Friday evening in Lincoln County, according to multiple reports.
Zach Davis, who attempted to rebuild the football fortunes of two Kanawha County programs in recent seasons, is out as the coach at Nitro after being asked to resign.
Gary Mullins, who led Logan to five playoff appearances in his first stint as head football coach, will be returning to coach the Wildcats this fall, according to a report in the Logan Banner.
Spring Valley senior offensive lineman Wyatt Milum, a recent signee with West Virginia University, has been named the state’s football player of the year by MaxPreps.
SETH — Michael Showalter has resigned his position as the head football coach at Sherman High School, bringing to an end one of the most successful eras in Tide gridiron history.
Paul “Bud” Billiard, who coached Brooke to three Class AAA football championships and 185 wins in 23 seasons, died Tuesday at the age of 79.
When your program ends the season as the state’s Class AAA champion, you’re unlikely to harbor many regrets, but there is just this one for South Charleston coach Donnie Mays — he didn’t get to see Zeiqui Lawton carry the ball.
WEST MADISON — New Scott High School head football coach Jeremy Dolin believes that recruitment and retention are the key to changing the fortunes of the Skyhawk program.
PRINCETON — When Princeton Senior High School’s Ethan Parsons was playing varsity football for head coach Chris Pedigo as a freshman, toward the end of the season he tried his hand at a number of offensive skill positions, including quarterback.
MARTINSBURG — Anthony Smith and his Martinsburg teammates experienced a reality check to open the 2020 football season.
FAIRMONT — Fairmont Senior’s Gage Michael, who led the Polar Bears to two Class AA state championships, was named by the West Virginia Sports Writers Association as the winner of the J.R. House Award, given annually to the state’s top prep quarterback.
MORGANTOWN — When offered the job at Morgantown High last winter, veteran coach Sean Biser wanted to make sure his son Caden was OK if he accepted the job. Caden Biser was about to enter his senior year at Keyser, the school where he established himself.
- WV Highways workers lose largest mass public employee grievance in state history
- Joe Manchin: Why I'm voting against the For the People Act
- Prep softball state tournament: Herbert Hoover storms back for another Class AA crown
- Gazette-Mail editorial: COVID czar Marsh gives sobering warning
- 55 in 55: Avoiding the pizza wars in Ohio County
- Prep baseball state tournament: Hurricane, St. Albans meet in AAA semifinals Thursday
- UC requiring students to get COVID-19 vaccine; WV public colleges still not requiring it
- Dear Abby: Water leak damaged more than ceiling for neighbors
- Ben Fields: The story I'll never live down (Opinion)
- More newcomers join the WVU football squad